(GHC) – The Bud Light Golden Hoops Classic 2012 Fall Tournament completed its sixth week of games on Sunday at Tamuning Gym and gave the fans a peek at what to expect heading into the playoffs.
In the co-ed recreation division, Fuetsa Club and Guam Radiology went into overtime with the score tied 37-37 at the end of regulation play.
Radiology's Ryan Reyes scored in the paint taking the two-point lead when Fuetsa went into a full court press that turned things around.
A made free throw by Fuetsa’s Mae Ann Pajarao followed by a steal on the press gave Pedro Larribas the layup needed for the win against Radiology, 40-39.
“These are the best games to play and win in,” stated an excited Larribas after the game.
Larribas, Gino Perez and Joseph Gumataotao each scored eight points for Fuetsa while Radiology's Manny Inciong scored a game-high 18 points in the loss.
18-plus men’s varsity division
- Team Heineken 98, Legacy Club 75: Heineken’s Joseph Blas scored a game-high 41 points followed by Earvin Jose with 34 points. Legacy’s Rodrigo Grande Jr. scored 25 points.
- Malesso Rebels 73, SPPC 76 Club 36: Rebel Baron Quinata scored 13 points and SPPC’s Rodel Ocampo and Frank Okiyama scored 10 points each.
- Inarajan Hawks 54, Andersen Defenders 52: The Hawks’ Dominic Sablan and Javis Duenas scored 15 and 12 points, respectively. Defender Delleon West scored 18 points followed by Dave Robbins with 12 points and Jansy Thomas with 10.
- Tamuning Typhoons 84, GWC 43: The Typhoons’ Derrick Royster scored 35 points and Jude Martinez scored 17 points. GWC’s Rey Sablan scored 17 points.
- Bank of Guam Club 52, Four Stars 46: Bank of Guam’s Roque Charfauros scored 13 points and Four Stars’ Teks Erwin scored a game-high 23 points.
- Team IX Club 62, Sixers Club 50: Team IX’s Nilo Colitoy scored 24 points followed by Justin Garcia with 18 points and Ken Romeo with 15. Sixers' Adam Lloyd scored 18 points and William Darling added 16.
30-plus men’s competitive division
Tamuning Typhoons 53, Bank of Guam Club 49: Typhoons' Larry Packard Jr. and Joel Punzalan scored 11 points each. Bank of Guam’s Jay Casimiro scored 17 points.
40-plus men’s competitive division
- Tamuning Typhoons 55, Ada’s Trust Club 45: Typhoons' Aaron Bonto scored 11 points and Ada’s Boyet Valerio and Mike Benito scored 14 and 10 points, respectively.
- Team Fire won by forfeit against the Inarajan Hawks. Team Fire is top-seeded with a team record of 6-0.
For official game schedule, results, stats and photo gallery, visit www.guambasketball.com or Facebook under guambasketball.com to receive live news feeds.